Thursday, May 29, 2008

Planting Frenzy

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, our weather has been, well, icky. But I finally got out to plant tomatoes (Cherokee Purple, Zebra, Amish Paste, Beefsteak, and Illinois Beauty), eggplant (Florida High Bush), and peppers (Buran Red, Orange Bell, and Chocolate Beauty).

Today, I installed five Sun Sugarsweet (or some variety like that) tomatoes, courtesy of Michelle at My Grandpa's Garden, along with a couple of peppers she provided. The tomatoes came from a local horticulture sale, and last year, were very prolific.

In her garden at least.

Mine never got larger than pea-size, because I planted too late. And I didn't weed. Or water. And we had a drought.

Anyway, I'm much more attentive to my garden this year (thank you, antidepressants), and we have not been experiencing drought conditions. Between my garden and Michelle's, we should be rolling in tomatoes! Michelle planted about 4 plants. I planted...hold on, let me go count...

um, 33.

Well, as I've mentioned before, I'm a bit OCD. Let's just say that I'll be doing a lot of freezing this year and sharing with others.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

11!! Eleven plants!