Sunday, April 26, 2009

We'll Be Tilling Until...

Well, David has given up his idea of a putting green and, bless his heart, has been helping me till the garden plot. Thanks to his help, we're much further along with the first pass, but still not quite done. The soil is still a little wet, but if we don't till it now, I'm not sure we'll get the chance. I do worry a bit about soil compaction, but at this point, I'm more concerned about getting the plot into workable shape. I can always add soil and compost as needed.

It was another beautiful day today--80s with a strong breeze blowing the scent of the tree blooms and budding flowers around the yard. I strolled around the yard with the camera, looking for picture-worthy moments. I thought I'd show you a picture of our neighbors who, after first running away as I approached them, came back to pose for the camera. I didn't have to even break out my duck call--they just ambled up to the fence and struck a pose! They have their own special sided house with a fenced-in yard next door, and can often be spotted waddling around their yard. I feel like I should come up with names for them, but it may be that their owners have already named them. I'll have to ask next time they're out.

No comments: