Monday, July 6, 2009

Run for Cover: The Zucchini Have Arrived!

Last night, I blogged that within just a day or two, zucchini should be ready. Let this be a warning to all of you who are growing zucchini, desire to grow zucchini, or will be victims recipients of zucchini on August 8, "Leave a Zucchini on Your Neighbor's Doorstep Day": zucchini grows FAST, especially when it gets heat, humidity, and rain!

Here's a look at my first zucchini harvest: 8 beautiful squash! How will I prepare them?

This first batch will end up as sauteed and fried zucchini, and perhaps even a first batch of zucchini bread. I have a traditional zucchini bread recipe, but if you are willing to share yours, please post it in the comments section; I'd love to try other versions to see which we love best!

No comments: